Establishing interest and arranging meetings.
Our suggestions on how to get the most from your first B2B mass email campaign
- generate at least 1000 contacts with emails
- include more than one contact at each company
- include personal contacts that may work at target company or within industry
- ensure your database of contacts is of relevant targets.
- select an email marketing technology that suits your set up and capabilities
- create 2 intriguing subject lines for A/B testing
- put a customer experience of your product front and centre
- keep the messaging to one thing, be specific and short, preferably less than 50 words
- share a preview of quality content link it back to your website
- do not add a call to action in first email, think ‘something for free’
- add supporting awards, links to recent news etc in the autosig/footer.
- test, test, test, and schedule the campaign to send at a time you think is right
- analyse tracked activity results like opens, clicks, companies, job titles
- call all clicks
- follow up all opens with an email request to discuss your product 2 days later
- attach campaign content to follow up emails
- update contact records where emails bounced
- add relevant ‘out of office’ response info to your CRM system: new contacts, additional contact info, return dates etc.
- mirror each campaign as a template in your CRM for reuse individually or in batches
BizLabs guided and assisted in our first email campaign.We quickly established processes for lead generation, email marketing and follow ups. Our first campaign created over €xxx of new business potential from xx meetings.