How to find the right sales people at no cost
“Do you know any sales people?”
I often get asked this question by a founder or sales director in an enterprise focused SaaS startup that is looking for their next hire.
I do, I know lots of sales people, I’ve been in sales and recruitment all my life and this is my suggestion to find relevant candidates with minimum effort and maximum impact
Follow the steps below to do it yourself.
Estimated time: 3 hours
- Check your own company on Owler (or a known competitor).
Owler is the world’s largest community-based competitive insights platform that provides real-time news, alerts & company insights to help you win.
- Look at your competitors shown in Owler. (it shouldn’t matter where they are)
- Search for their sales people on LinkedIn*
- Send them a message about your job**
*LinkedIn may require a paid license
**Sending messages like “We’re hiring, fancy a chat?” can have an impact but like anything the more effort you put in the better the results.
Find candidates who get your product and are interested in your company, partly because you contacted them.
Enjoy hunting for your next sales hire.
- Have a clear job spec.
- Have a sales plan managed by a CRM
- Use this to find candidates where industry experience is important.
How we can help
- Recruitment software, processes and workflows
- CRM, sales and marketing management services
If you need more info on how to do this…
Schedule a free 30 minute consultation to get you started.